Tide Thoughts

Tide Thoughts
A look into my liquid mind

Monday, February 20, 2012

DJing has always been a passion of mine. The art of mixing 2 songs together to make one new song is something I have always appreciated. DJing runs in my family, as I have 3 cousins who are all well experienced DJs in their own respective fields. Having DJed for the past 12 years, Ive always felt that Ive lacked in certain types of skills. And that would be scratching. For those who dont know what scratching is, it is the art of manipulation sounds via vinyl records, and more recently mp3s. You scratch the record or mp3 back and forth to make a quick wiki sound, and from there you would add sounds over a song thats playing.

The best way to explain it is to show you a video.

Scratch Sample

I've recently been practicing scratching to play over my dj sets, as I feel it will add more excitement for myself, as well as the dance floor. Ill hopefully post video footage of me trying it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment