Tide Thoughts

Tide Thoughts
A look into my liquid mind

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

DJing and Technology


Mixing with vinyl is an art that seems to be fading with every year. With the creation of such DVS programs as Serato and Traktor, as well as the growing trend in the controller market, vinyl record popularity as a DJ medium has grown less. It is understandable though, as vinyl tends to be a bit pricey, especially compared to mp3s. 

Even though I also use controllers and DVS formats, I always miss using vinyl. Nothing will ever beat the feeling of owning that white label that no one else has. The anticipation of waiting for your records to arrive in the mail. The feel and smell of fresh vinyl was to me comparable to smelling fresh roses in the morning. Having learned DJing on vinyl records will always be a skill that I will cherish, as nowadays it is rare to even see DJs play full vinyl sets. I may retire someday, but I will never get rid of my vinyl record collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment